Will zxid support SHA256 signatures

Hi,

I have a question about zxid's compatibility with SHA256 algorithm or other
hashing algorithms. There have been warnings about deprecation of SHA1
for  data validation because of vulnerabilities. Are there any plans about
supporting other algorithms in zxid in the future? I am using Net:SAML with
simpleSAMLphp which supports the SHA256 cipher.

Michael