[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Reasons why SAML metadata parsing could fail
Reasons why parsing metadata could fail:
1. Line-ending conventions. Try to stick to Unix line-endings, i.e 0x0a
2. Whitespace in wrong place. Try eliminating all whitespace you can
while still keeping it legal XML. However do not eliminate the
newlines from the certificate base64 blocks.
3. Unicode characters have creeped in. Some GUI text editors are
so idiotic that they replace, for example, the minus sign (0x2d)
with some "more beautiful" typographers dash. They look the same
on screen, but are completely different from perspective of
parsing. Similar gotcha exists for double quotes.
4. If you have Extension elements, try removing them. It is the
goal of zxid XML parser to just safely ignore them, possibly
with complaints in the log file, but this has not been
5. Make sure it actually is valid SAML2 Metadata according to schema.