Re: Error in Net::SAML

Toshiro Viera Stalker <toshiro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Hi,
>
> Im trying to install your module in FreeBSD 10.0 using perl 5.20 and its currently failing. If I use the port provided by FreeBSD guys it fails with lots of errors (too long to mention briefly here); If I use cpan to install it, I got:
>
> # cpan Net::SAML
> Reading '/root/.cpan/Metadata'
>   Database was generated on Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:41:02 GMT
> Running install for module 'Net::SAML'
> Checksum for /root/.cpan/sources/authors/id/S/SA/SAMPO/zxid-1.18.tgz ok
> 'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent state
> Package comes with a Makefile and without a Makefile.PL.
> We'll try to build it with that Makefile then.
> Configuring S/SA/SAMPO/zxid-1.18.tgz with Makefile.PL
> Running make for S/SA/SAMPO/zxid-1.18.tgz
> Could not read metadata file. Falling back to other methods to determine prerequisites
> gmake -f Makefile  all
> gmake[1]: Entering directory `/root/.cpan/build/zxid-1.18-dTTSSh'
> Makefile:216: Guessed TARGET=FreeBSD
> Makefile:606: *** unterminated call to function `error': missing `)'.  Stop.
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/root/.cpan/build/zxid-1.18-dTTSSh'
> *** Error code 2
>

> Ive fixed the missing ) but now it says that it doesnt know about TARGET=FreeBSD; Ive inspected the Makefile and noticed that you expected freebsd, so Ive executed:
>
> make TARGET=freebsd

I was just about to suggest this :-)

> but now I get this:
>
> # make TARGET=freebsd
> gmake -f Makefile  all
> Nonverbose build (use make V=1 to enable verbose build).
> TARGET=freebsd
> TOP=/root/.cpan/build/zxid-1.18-dTTSSh
> CC=cc
> CFLAGS=-g -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -Wno-parentheses -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-char-subscripts -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections
> CDEF=-DUSE_ZXID -DUSE_SSL -DUSE_CURL -DUSE_OPENSSL -D_REENTRANT -DDEBUG -DMUTEX_DEBUG=1 -DFREEBSD -DUSE_PTHREAD -pthread
> CINC=-I. -I/root/.cpan/build/zxid-1.18-dTTSSh
> LD=cc
> LDFLAGS=
> LIBS=-lcurl -lssl -lcrypto -lz  -lpthread
> --------------------------
> gmake[1]: Entering directory `/root/.cpan/build/zxid-1.18-dTTSSh'
> If you get compilation errors, try: make help
> Now trying to compile series of test programs to check dependencies...
>
>   Link exe  precheck/chk-zlib
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurl
> cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
> Failed command:
> cc -o precheck/chk-zlib precheck/chk-zlib.o  -lcurl -lssl -lcrypto -lz  -lpthread
> gmake[1]: *** [precheck/chk-zlib] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/root/.cpan/build/zxid-1.18-dTTSSh'
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop.

Install libcurl with development headers, from curl.haxx.se or from
freebsd packages.

> My question is, would it be possible to give me some pointers in order to install the package successfully under FreeBSD with perl 5.20? (FYI, under perl 5.18 and below, the FreeBSD package runs without problems).

My development environment uses perl 5.18.

Are you sure the 5.18 and 5.20 were tested on same machine? To me it seems
your new machine is simply missing libcurl, which your old machine
probably had.

If the package indeed is installed, then you have to go hunting with

find / -name 'libcurl*'

and then supply appropriate -I and -L flags in Makefile.