Re: Zxid Net::SAML

Todd Benge <todd.benge@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> I've been trying to get Net::SAML installed via CPAN but it keeps failing:

Please report bugs and support requests, such as this one, to the
mailing list (Cc'd): zxid.user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To post you need to join the list at http://listproc.unh.edu/archives/zxid.user/

> gcc  -o zxencdectest zxencdectest.o libzxid.a -L. -lzxid -lpthread -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lcurl -lssl -lcrypto -lz
>   SAMPO/zxid-0.72.tgz
>   /usr/bin/make -- OK
> CPAN: YAML loaded ok (v0.72)

Instead of using YAML (whatever that is - yet another something I do not need), can you try

cd zxid-0.72
make
cd Net
perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
make install  # may need to be root to do this, depending on how your perl was installed

Basically it appears that YAML is trying to run the make test on top level rather than inside
the perl module (which lives in subdirectory Net).

> Running make test
> sh ./zxmkdirs.sh t/
> t/ses
> t/user
> t/uid
> t/nid
> t/log
> t/log/rely
> t/log/issue
> t/cot
> t/inv
> You may need to run
>
>     chown -R nobody t/
>
> to make sure the zxid CGI script can write to the t/
> directory (substitute nobody with the user your web server runs as).
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `t/idp', needed by `test'.  Stop.

There is a bug in general zxid make test in that the required target should be t/idpcot.
However, this should not stop you from running make test inside the Net directory.

>   SAMPO/zxid-0.72.tgz
>   /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
> //hint// to see the cpan-testers results for installing this module, try:
>   reports SAMPO/zxid-0.72.tgz
> Running make install
>   make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
>

> After a few attempts, I was able to get it to compile from a download of the .tgz but it won't install the samlmodule correctly.

Or at all?

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Please try building the perl odile inside Net subdirectory.

If that does not work, try getting my latest tree:

git clone git://zxid.org/zxid

and report if you have problems with that.

P.S. I may make 0.73 release tonite, so you may want to try that instead of the git.